You must be wondering how naïve is this. Everyone knows their show size. However, you are only partly right. Most of us know our shoe size but do we know our foot size? It is an understood fact that shoe sizes vary from brand to brand and a different system of sizes is prevalent in different parts of the world. So to keep safe from any mistaken decision, you must know your foot size. Based on your foot size, you can easily determine your shoe size. Otherwise, you will be entangled in a hectic exercise of converting your shoe size from one metric system to another. Knowing the right shoe size will enable you to find your exact shoe size whoever the manufacturer may be.
The world has greatly shifted to online shopping, especially after the Covid-19 pandemic which has increased the importance of knowing your exact shoe and foot size since now you can’t just try shoes till you find the correct size. By knowing your size, you can take benefit from amazing deals and buy shoes and these no tie shoelaces Straightlaces. You just have to follow the below-given instructions and then go on to find the best fitting pair for you.
Here’s how you can measure your foot size
Our feet tend to expand a little after a long day at work. So keep in mind to measure them at the end of the day to get a more accurate measurement. In this way, you will get a shoe more relaxed yet perfectly fitted.
- There are many methods to measure your feet but the drawing method is found to be the most convenient one as you don’t need any special equipment for it. All you need is paper, a pencil and measuring tape.
- If you put on a sock of your regularly used material, the measurement will be more refined.
- Now, put the paper on the floor and tape it so that it won’t move. Make sure the surface below is hard to draw easily.
- Place the foot on the paper, and make sure it is perpendicular to the line of the paper. It doesn’t matter if you are standing, sitting, or in any other position as long as your foot is in the right layout.
- Now trace down your foot on the paper and make an outline. Put it aside and draw your second foot on another paper in the same way.
- You can get someone else to draw if you are not comfortable sketching yourself.
- Once you have the sketch, take out your scale/tape and find the length of your feet. Start from the big toe and all the way down. Right it down.
- Next, find the width of your feet in the same way. Don’t measure it from the narrow side.
- Now compare it against a size chart and you will have your foot size. Both of your feet will likely have slightly different measurements. Always remember to consider the measurement of your bigger foot for shoe size.