Jocko Willink is an American author and podcaster. Before he was a member of Navy Seals and retired from United States Navy. Jocko served in the Iraq War and saw deadly combat. He was awarded numerous distinctions and awards for his successful leading of Seal Team 3. On the eve of retirement, he held the rank of Lieutenant Commander. People often ask how tall is Jocko Willink? For them he is 1.8 m in height. As he is an army brat, a warrior, he has a rather impressive appearance.
Jocko despite being 50 years old is very fit and athletic. As he is based in San Diego, he is often seen hitting the beach for surfing. By birth, he is from Connecticut, but because of the Seal base in San Diego he settled there. Jocko Willink website is a commercial success where he operates a clothing store along with his podcasts.
Jocko Willink tours the length and breadth of the US routinely. Almost all of his shows are fully packed. Jocko is scheduled to tour different cities of the US between Nov, 29th and December 6th, 2021. The 50- year- old war veteran is a self-made guy. Jocko Willink Net- Worth stands at$6 million. He owes it to his successful podcast show and authorship of his books.
Jocko Willink Books
Jocko Willink is an established author. Jocko Willink books carry a great name in the market. The live experiences he has shared in his books are worth every second you spend on them. After leaving the Navy, he established relations with books. He acknowledges that books are where he found solace and calm post-retirement. Books have always been faithful friends to anyone seeking their company. Jocko is clear proof of the fact. Jocko Willink’s new book, Final Spin: A Novel has just been released in 2021 and is widely acclaimed by critics.
Jocko Willink Extreme Ownership
“Extreme Ownership: How US Navy Seals Lead and Win” is a book by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. This book is the #1 New York Times bestseller. You can understand the brilliance of this book by its bestseller title. It is a first- hand account of authors role in the Iraq War when he commanded Seal Team 3 in Ramadi against the insurgents. It contains gripping first- hand accounts of heroism, tragic loss, and hard-won victories in SEAL Team Three’s Task Unit Bruiser, they learned that leadership—at every level—is the most important factor in whether a team succeeds or fails.
The bestseller details the mind-set and principles that enable SEAL units to accomplish the most difficult missions in combat, Extreme Ownership shows how to apply them to any team, family or organization. Extreme Ownership revolutionizes business management and challenges leaders everywhere to fulfill their ultimate purpose: lead and win.
Jocko Willink Favorite Books
It is said that you can never write if you are not a good reader. Reading is extremely essential for writing. Take the greatest names of the writers, you will find them devoting most of their time to reading. Nobody can write unless he reads. Jocko like all other authors, loves reading. Jocko Willink favorite books list is a very long one. But if we summarize them here for the sake of convenience, we will find few most favorite Jocko Willink books. These include,
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith
- Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
- About Face: The Odyssey of an American Warrior by Col. David Hackworth
- These are the few Jocko Willink most favorite books, which have inspired him most along the journey.
Jocko Willink Book Recommendations
Jocko is loved and widely followed due to many things. First, he is an established author who have proved that he knows how to write. Second, he is a former member of Navy Seals, the elite soldier squad, has seen first hand combat, have spent time and learnt lessons from the live battlefield with all its ferocities. He has a unique way of seeing things. His perspective is widely revered and is accepted many around the US and the world. Jocko loves to share things he finds useful. He has recommended many books throughout the years for people like us to learn. When an accomplished man recommends a book or anything, it is much more beneficial than us looking for something useful. A man of accomplished stature like Jocko here recommends only if it contains something extra ordinary. That is why the Jocko Willink book recommendations are widely followed. Some of the books he recommended are as follows.
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- 12 Rules of Life by Jordan Peterson
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Into the Fire by Dakota Meyer
- True Believer by Jack Carr
- Helmet for my Pillow by Robert Leckie
- I Heard My Country Calling by James Webb
- I Remember the Last War by Bob Hoffman
- Mind Games by Michael Powell among others.
Jocko Willink Supplements
Jocko Willink has an interest in the supplement manufacturing company under his name. He himself uses the same supplements. The supplements are in wide range like Jacko Protein, Jacko Greens, Jacko energy, Jacko white tea, Jacko Vitamin D, Jacko immune support et cetera.
Jocko Willink Protein Powder
Jocko Willink protein powder is particularly famous and is sold widely. Jocko Willink protein powder comes in many flavors like Mint, Chocolate etc. Jocko Protein Powder is grass-fed whey isolate protein along with a few other protein sources including whey concentrate, egg protein and casein protein.
Jocko Willink Clothing
Jocko Willink owns a clothing store by the name Jocko Store. He offers men and women apparel, mostly sports. His articles include hoodies, t-shirts, tops for men and kinds of workout shirts, hoodies for women. Jocko Willink clothing also offers kids clothing and accessories. His store is widely popular and is a huge success.
Jocko Willink Motivation
Jocko Willink quotes on motivation are widely popular among the youth. Jocko Willink motivation quotes are a rich source of inspiration around the world. They urge people to move forward even one step at a time. He is an established motivational speaker. If you look a little closer you will find numerous examples of people who came out of wells of despair from the power of his quotes. Many around the US have learnt to deal with life owing to Jocko Willink motivational quotes.
Jocko Willink Quotes
Some of the best Jocko Willink quotes are listed below
- “When personal agendas become more important than the team and the overarching mission’s success, performance suffers and failure ensues.”
2. “Don’t ask your leader what you should do, tell them what you are going to do.”
3. “The more you practice, the better you get, the more freedom you have to create.”
4. “In war you are forced to see humanity at its absolute worst.”
5. “Stop checking social media and stop watching one more YouTube video.”
6. “Prioritize your problems and take care of them one at a time, the highest priority first. Don’t try to do everything at once or you won’t be successful.”
7. “When things are going bad there’s going to be some good that comes from it.”
8. “War teaches you…it teaches you about the preciousness and fragility of human life”
Jocko Willink Discipline Quotes
Jocko is the co- founder of Echeclon Front, a premier leadership consulting company, where he teaches the leadership principle he learned on the battlefield to help others lead and win. He teaches discipline to numerous. Jocko believes that everyone should be disciplined. His aim was to incorporate discipline in those people who are not in the army and to make their life disciplined in every way. According to him, discipline is all you need to succeed in life. Some of his famous discipline quotes are
- “Instead of letting the situation dictate our decisions, we must dictate the situation.”
2. “If you get your ego in your way, you will only look to other people and circumstances to blame.”
3. “That answer came and it hit me like a slap in the face.”
4. “Fight weak emotions with logic; fight the weakness of logic with the power of emotions.”
5. “There was only one person to blame for the confusion, only one person to blame for the wounded men, and only one person to blame for the dead Iraqi soldier. And I knew exactly who that person was.”
6. “One of the best mental disciplines for people to implement is simply putting together a schedule or a task list and actually executing it.”
7. “Be dangerous but disciplined.”
8. “Discipline is the pathway to freedom.”
9. “When individual members of the team are highly disciplined, they can be trusted and, therefore, allowed to operate with very little oversight.”
Image By: businessinsider.com