When you operate a small business, you may be wondering what kind of software you should use for your company’s accounting, including invoicing. The problem is, many common software packages are simply too complex and expensive to be justified for small businesses. What software package would be the best option for your small business? Here’s what Invoice Home thinks after looking at some of the most popular accounting packages on the market.
- Quickbooks Online: As one of the most popular accounting programs, Quickbooks Online gives you a lot of features, but you definitely pay for it. Starting at $25 per month for the most basic system, you’ll then have to pay for additional upgrades from there. You will also have the same boring invoices as everyone else, which makes it hard to stand out from the crowd.
- Sage 50 Cloud Accounting: For an accounting program that does have a certain amount of customizable features while still being fairly simple to use, Sage has stood out for decades as a leading accounting software business. However, you’re going to pay for that capability, with Sage 50 Cloud starting out at over $56 per month for a single user on its most basic software package.
- FreshBooks Cloud Accounting: Sure, FreshBooks is more affordable than the two above options, starting out at $15 per month and going up as you add features. However, it doesn’t include any inventory management, doesn’t provide any services for payroll and the company’s mobile app is very limited – a huge pain when you need to be able to cut an invoice while at a customer’s house and accept payment right there.
- GnuCash: Free to use, but not very user-friendly. GnuCash is a free open-source accounting software that can be downloaded onto your computer. It doesn’t really do databases, mobile, or instructions, but if you’re willing to spend a lot of time playing with it, you might be able to get something for nothing – provided that you don’t count your time.
- Invoice Home: Providing a solid balance between features and price, Invoice Home has everything you need to keep your business moving and nothing that you don’t. The free plan allows you to bill up to $1,000 per month, and the paid plan is only $9 a month, with no restrictions. For that, you’ll get amazing customization of colorful invoices, a mobile app for on-the-go sales, and a fast and friendly support team that is focused on your success.
By having an idea of what kind of accounting software is the best fit for your business, you can move forward and be able to enjoy the many benefits of online accounting, but without all the confusion and high cost. If you want the perfect combination of price, features and ease of use, Invoice Home is ready and waiting. Why not try us out with a free account today? If you outgrow it, it’s just $9 a month to upgrade to our Unlimited Invoicing plan.